What my coaching program entails:
We will get friendly with your nervous system and create reliable practices that you can apply on your own which will change your relationship with your body forever: busting health anxiety, catastrophizing habits, creating new neural patterns to replace the ones that drive the pain response.
The first four weeks of the program is centered around pain science education delivered simply (and dare I say fun?)
Each week will include:
- Self directed education video presentations (easy to watch and rewatch, no long lectures)
- Corresponding workbook. Optional but yanno, the more you explore, the more you discover.
- One 1 on 1 zoom call to discuss that week’s content and personalize it for your situation and answer questions. We talk about your pain history, get cozy with your habits and begin in a nervous system friendly way to uncover the areas around your body, pain, old injuries and so on that are creating the most unconscious resistance.
The 4 weeks topics include:
- Pain science education – what science says now about pain, why chronic pain is felt in the body but is now understood to be generated from the brain/nervous system (I like to refer to this as our Safety System.) There’s some charts & graphs, who doesn’t love that?
- Thoughts – why we what we think has the greatest impact on our stress (this is good news). I help you build your “lazy detective” a fun character who will help you discover unconscious beliefs that might be keeping your neural circuits stuck on high alert.
- Feelings – developing a practice of feelings allowance to communicate safety to the nervous system, touching in on polyvagal theory and the bodymind connection.
- Creating safety in your body – we continue to develop and personalize tools of self compassion, outcome independence, somatic tracking, joy nugget retrieval, language subversion for healing, graded exposure around movement that works for you.
The next 4 weeks is all about deepening your implementation and integration of these practices and concepts. We are talking about creating and maintaining a giant paradigm shift around pain, so it makes sense to have doubt and skepticism. I’m here for it.
As an aging fat person, I’m still excavating unhelpful beliefs about my body that have been mapped onto my bodymind from family, diet culture, the medical field, online illness support groups and more. We explore which inputs into your Safety System are helping you and which ones you want to let go of. We do that in a way that creates more peace not more turmoil.
This program is not about you getting an A, or reporting back to me what you’ve learned intellectually, it’s about embodiment. You do not need to be a good student. My clients and I have discovered that WILLINGNESS & CURIOSITY are the key ingredients.
I know this work is life changing. And it doesn’t take forever. My most recent program participant relieved her 20 years of migraines in 3 weeks. She feels confident that she has the ability to address recurring pain (hello still human) at the root and not just managing symptoms.
This course is intended to be an introduction to this new and exciting path to healing pain that is trauma informed, personalized, caring and also fun, heart-expanding, hope generating, and affirming.
These are the practices I’ve used and developed to help me reduce my knee pain overnight to where it’s only an infrequent visitor back in September 2019.
In addition, this summer I have experienced a great number of unpleasant symptoms and have at times believed that I had life-threatening diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and more. After receiving no evidence of such diseases through medical testing (it was anxiety! wow, that feels like shit!) I reduced my symptoms by 95% through this work. Even while I was awaiting medical results, I applied these techniques and experienced a significant relief of pain and distress.
It’s my greatest joy to share this information with you and explore what pain recovery can look and feel like for you.
Book a curiosity call and let’s get started: